At Avon Animal hospital we provide Laser therapy that uses light energy, to work its “magic”. Laser therapy utilizes the body’s own healing powers by stimulating cellular activity and reducing inflammation. It is a safe, painless, effective treatment used for acute pain, chronic conditions, and post-operative pain. it provides a “jump start” to the cells needed for healing and other body processes. Treatments are short, most administered in 5 to 10 minutes, but the healing process continues to actively reduce inflammation for up to 24 hours afterwards. Typically, even chronic patients exhibit improvements after 3 to 5 treatment sessions.
What Types of Conditions Can Dog Laser Therapy Be Used to Treat?
- Muscle, ligament, and tendon injuries
- Post-surgical and soft tissue trauma
- Back pain
- Ear infections
- Hot Spots and open wounds
- Arthritis / hip dysplasia
- Degenerative disc disease
- Anal gland infections
- Whining, groaning or other vocalizations
- Limping, unable to get up or lie down
- Difficulty getting into car or downstairs